Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Here are a couple of ways to schedule with us:
- Ask your insurance provider about direct access. Some insurance providers allow you to see a mental health provider without a referral.
- If your insurance carrier requires it, please obtain a referral from your medical provider or physician.
- Stop by our location or give us a call to set up your 1-hour evaluation. We will be happy to answer any questions you have and schedule an appointment that works for you.
- Navigate to our “Schedule Now” page to see what availability we have. You can also use this page to book an appointment online.
- Please arrive no later than 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. This will allow time for paperwork and for your Doctor of Physical Therapy (PT) to see you at your established time.
- Wear loose-fitting and/or comfortable clothing. This will allow for a complete and thorough evaluation.
- At the conclusion of your evaluation, your PT will develop a plan of care. This will include frequency of treatment as well as a detailed home exercise program to fit your needs.
- This is your chance to ask any and all questions you may have regarding your condition and your course of care with us.
For more information, please give us a call!
- A valid photo ID. This is required for insurance billing purposes.
- Your current and up-to-date insurance card. If you are not sure if your insurance covers physical therapy, please contact your insurance company before your appointment.
- Information related to your injury or workers compensation claim. This information may be required by your insurance company.
- A referral from your physician. This is not required for cash pay patients.
Cash pay rates are available, no referral required!
Most insurance plans require a referral from your doctor before you can start physical therapy. However, some insurance plans may only require a referral after 12 visits or 45 days, or they may allow for direct access, which means you can see a physical therapist without a referral.
If you are not sure if you need a referral, we are happy to help you sort through the details; you can also contact your insurance company.
Physical therapists are highly trained professionals who can help you recover from injuries, improve your range of motion, and manage pain. We have a doctorate in physical therapy, which requires 7 years of education and training in anatomy, physiology, and injury recovery.
In addition to our education, physical therapists often seek additional training and board certification in a specialty area, such as orthopedics, neurology, or women’s or pelvic health. We are also required to complete continuing education every two years to maintain their knowledge and skills.
Here are some of the reasons why you should choose physical therapy:
- Physical therapists are experts in movement. Weunderstand how the body works and how to help it heal.
- Physical therapy is a non-invasive treatment. There are no drugs or surgery involved, so you can be confident that you are getting safe and effective care.
- Physical therapy is individualized. Your therapist will create a treatment plan that is specific to your needs and goals.
- Physical therapy is evidence-based. The treatments that physical therapists use are based on scientific research, so you can be confident that they are effective.
If you are looking for a safe, effective, and individualized way to improve your health, then physical therapy is a great option.